Full Biography And Net Worth Of Ken Erics
For lovers of Nigerian movies and cinematography, Ken Erics definitely is not a new face to our screens or a new name to our ears. He is a talented actor and musician. He became popular after he starred in The Illiterate, alongside some other actors like Tonto Dike and Yul Edochie. The biography of Ken Erics is an interesting read that will keep you glued to your screen.
Birth and early life
The biography of Ken Erics starts from his birth and early life, spanning through his career as an actor. He was born and christened Ekenedilichukwu Ugochukwu Eric Nwenweh on the 28th of February 1985 in Kano State.
He is the sixth child out of seven children, born to Eric Chukwuemeka Nwenweh and Grace Ifeyinwa Nwenweh. They both hail from Enugwu-Ukwu in Anambra State, located in the Southeastern part of Nigeria, and are Igbo by tribe.
Ken Erics, had his primary education at Binta Mustapha Science Nursery and Primary School, Kano, Kano State, and his secondary education at Dennis Memorial Grammar School (DMGS) Onitsha, Anambra State.
While in school, Ken Eric showed great passion for Arts. This eventually led to his gaining admission to Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State to study Theatre Arts. He also bagged a master’s degree in Theatre and Film studies.
Ken Erics, got married to his supposed heartthrob Onyi Adaba in December of 2017. The marriage, however, hit the rocks some months after. The reason for the crash of the marriage is not known, however, there are claims on non-consummation of the marriage.
The biography of Ken Erics will also mention his net worth. He is estimated to be worth about $600,000. His source of wealth is majorly from his role in movies. He is of course a talented actor and his net worth is expected to rise in the coming years.
Ken Erics began acting in 2001 while he was a first-year student at the University. His first movie was Holy Prostitute, which was direct to DVD movie, and directed by Chris Ubani. He played the role of a medical doctor and showed in just three scenes. After he graduated from the University, he began to attend auditions and got a few cameo roles in-home movies.
In 2012, he played the role of Ugo in the movie, The Illiterate. This endeared him a great deal to Nigerians and it helped to open doors for him, hence, he landed more movie roles.
Cell 2, is a published work, by the actor, Ken Erics. It was his first published work. It gained popularity and has been used in a number of Nigerian tertiary institutions for stage productions and academic purposes.
The biography of Ken Erics has to contain his role as a musician. He plays the keyboard and the guitar and also sings. He used to run a music band and has produced some original movie soundtracks.
Ken Erics, has acted alongside other stars like Chiwetalu Agu, Ngozi Ezeonu, Yul Edochie, Desmond Elliot, Regina Daniels, and much more.
Ken Erics has starred in a number of home videos, stage plays and television series.
He starred in the following television series Web which was really in 2005 and Growing Old which was released 2015, and he acted as Chidi.
Some stage plays he has participated in includes
- Hopes of the Living Dead, where he played the role of Harcourt Whyte. It was directed by Ola Rotimi.
- Trials of Oba Ovoramnwen, where he played the role of Consular and was directed by Ola Rotimi.
- Hangmen Also Die in which he played the role of R.I.P and it was directed by Esiaba Irobi.
- Children International where he played the role of Chief and received direction from Wole Soyinka
- Everyman where he played the role of Everyman and was directed by Obotunde Ijimere.
- Grip Am where he played the role of Ise and was directed by Ola Rotimi.
- Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh where he played the role of Prof Ogun and was directed by Esiaba Irobi.
Other films he featured in includes
- Holy Prostitute released in 2002 where he played a cameo role.
- Silence of the gods released in 2006
- Eran and Erak released in 2007
- Evil intention released in 2010
- Gold, not Silver released in 2011
- A Better Tomorrow released in 2011
- Days of Gloom released in 2011
- The Illiterate released in 2012
- Release me oh Lord released in 2013.
- Father Muonso released in 2014.
- Burning Bridges released in 2014.
- Sugarcane released in 2014.
- Trials of Igho released in 2014 where he played the lead role.
- Echoes of Love released in 2015.
- Omalicham released in 2015.
- Almost Perfect released in 2016.
- Within these walls released in 2016
- Valerie Joe released in 2016
- What lies within released in 2016
- The Vengeance released in 2016
Some songs that Ken Erics has done include
Inozikwa Omee released in 2018
In 2019, other songs that were released include
- Thank You Baba
- Many Mysteries
- Sugarcane Baby
- Anom Gi N’aka
- Love is Life
Awards and nominations
The biography of Ken Erics will also mention the several awards and nominations, due to him. He has been the recipient, of several awards for his roles in movies.
In 2014, he won the City People Entertainment Awards category for Best Supporting Actor. He also won the Afrifimo Awards (USA) for Best Lead Actor.
In 2015, he was nominated for Golden Icons Movie Awards (GIAMA) Awards Best Actor in a Lead Role and Golden Icons Movie Awards (GIAMA) Awards, Best ‘on-screen duo’ alongside Kiki Omeili. He was also nominated in the same category at Afrifimo Awards (USA). In the same year, he won the City People Entertainment Awards category for Best Actor.
In 2017, Ken Erics won the City People Entertainment Awards category, for Best Actor and Nollywood Ambassadors Awards, Best Actor of the Year.
He was nominated in 2018 for Golden Movie Awards (GMA) category for Best Supporting Actor and in 2019, he won the South-South Achievers Awards (SSA), Male Actor of the Year.
Related: The best way to save in Nigeria