There are several travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State. It is being referred as the Land of Promise. It is situated in the south-south geopolitical zone of Nigeria and the State was created in 1987. The state is also one of the oil-producing states that are located in Niger Delta.
It has a population of about 3,920,208 and a land area of 6,900 Sq.km. Akwa Ibom presents a picture of attractive coastal, mangrove forest, beautiful sandy beach resorts, and other fascinating places one can visit.
Travel Destinations in Akwa-Ibom State
The following are the travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State:
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: Ibom Plaza Uyo
The monument represents the harmony of the people of Akwa Ibom state and it is a pleasant art-piece, skirted with an amazing collection of exclusively beautiful flowers. The plaza has an open theater, double-rolled water fountain within the plaza, and a shopping center.
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: Ibeno Beach
This is a stunning sandy beach which extends to James town on the Atlantic, providing entertaining facilities with exceptional opportunities for water sports. A couple of comparable beaches are at Ikot Abasi, Abadia, Nwaniba, and Oron.
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: National Museum Uyo
This edifice has some of the premium carvings, relics, artifacts, and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional instruments, and pottery. It also comprises an attractive, sheltered waterfront garden where one can watch small boats traveling on the creeks.
Read Also: Top 8 Travel Destinations in Taraba State
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: Lord Lugard’s Residence
This place is a one-story hut where Lord Lugard was during the amalgamation period, and it is situated opposite the Amalgamation House. This was requested to be the first administrative headquarters of the region before it was taken to Calabar.
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: The Presbyterian Church
It was constructed by the celebrated missionary- Mary Slessor who stopped the killing of twins amongst the people of the region. Her tomb was also built on the spot where she was buried and the house she was before her death located around Ikot/Oron/Itu village in the state.
Read Also: 10 Reasons to Visit Dubai as a Nigerian
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort Golf playing just married couple will have most romantic experience at Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort in Akwa Ibom State. Situated in the midst of a prosperous palm forest vegetation, and occupied of romantic locations and adventure, it is a quiet getaway for lovebirds on their honeymoon. The chefs help some of the most enjoyable meals you can taste in the whole country.
- Travel destinations in Akwa-Ibom State: God’s will Akpabio Stadium Whether you are on a visit to Akwa Ibom either for the first time or on a repeated visit, these places and structures featured in this piece can be one-stop for a tremendous historical experience.