Despite the new technology in the Autos, the level of stolen cars in Nigeria is very terrible. That’s why you need to protect your car. One of the reasons accountable for this is the fact that people that steal cars are inventing more clever ways to rob people of their cars.
Although cars often have their locks and securities, and most of the time they aren’t enough to stop car theft. Also, sometimes a higher percentage of car thefts is because of the carelessness of the owner. However, there are various ways you can use to protect your car from being stolen.
How to Protect Your Car from Thieves in Nigeria
- The windows, doors and the boot of your car should be well closed even if you are leaving your car for a moment.
- Your vehicle shouldn’t be left running unattended. This is another way to protect your car.
- At night, always park your car in an area that is well lit so that you can attain visibility and protect your car. Also, avoid leaving your car in a park for a long time.
- The front of your car should be parked close to an obstacle and the steering should be locked.
- Make sure you use all protection you have to protect your car. All labels for securing your car should be kept in a visible place as this will chase petty thieves away.
- Your car should be disabled using a starter interrupt switch. This Installation is not expensive.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) etching should be used. This chemically etches the registration number on your car and this will deter thieves from your car and help you protect your car.
- If you are going to leave the vehicle for a longer period of time. Make sure you disconnect the power supply of your car, after consulting your mechanic. This will protect your car.
- Your car keys shouldn’t be left with park employees or in car wash services.
Read Also: What are Auto Insurance Quote(s) in Nigeria
- The keys of your cars should not have your name and address on it. Mark them with your business name and suburb or driver’s license number.
- Don’t leave car keys lying around on tables, desks or key hooks.
The registration papers from your car should vehicle, to make it difficult for the thief to sell it on the black market and also help you to protect your car.