A national identity card is a portable document someone can anywhere he or she goes, normally it is a plastic card that carries digitally-embedded information, but it is mandatory to carry as a means of confirming their identity.
The National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] for Identity card was founded in 2007 to offer a secure identity system in Nigeria. The commission became active sometime in 2012 and since then, millions of Nigerians have been registered and lots more are yet to be registered.
How to Register and Get National Identity Card at Ease
- The first step is to Visit the NIMC website:http://www.nimc.gov.ng to access the Enrollment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online in order to get your National Identity Card with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the registration center, where a registration officer scans the barcode to take away information from the database.
National Identity Card Registration | Application Guidelines and Requirement
- Your enrollment data on the system on the system should be verified and confirm.
- Your passport, signature, and fingerprints have to be captured.
- Your supporting documents need to be submitted for scanning.
- Your registration is acknowledged where the two slips would be given to you. (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
- With everything is done correctly, there should be no problem when you want to get your identity card quickly.
Read Also: NIMC Card: How to Check the Status of Your Nigerian National Identity Card
National Identity Card Requirement:
You are required to upload any of the following as a proof of your identity the registration of your National Identity card.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Staff ID card.
- Old National ID card.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- State of origin certificate.
National Identity Card Frequently asked questions
What is a National Identity card? – It is an optional Social Security number (SSN), a nine-digit number distributed to US citizens, permanent address, and temporary (working) address. Its objective was to recognize individuals for the aim of Social Security, recently it is used to track people for taxation purposes.
Read Also: How to Apply and Get Your ID Card very Fast
What is Nimc number? – The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the Federal Government Agency founded by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, to generate, own, function, maintain and manage the National Identity card database, enroll citizens and legal addresses, assign special National Identification Number (NIN) and issue National identity card.
What do you mean by national identity document? – It is an identity document that is also called a portion of identification or ID, or colloquially as one’s papers. It is any document or paper which may be used to prove features of a person’s personal identity. If issued in the form of a small, mostly standard-sized card, it is usually called an identity card (IC).