Due to the risky medical condition surrounding Africa, the need for health insurance companies has risen significantly. When it comes to picking the top insurance companies plans there are many considerable factors such as dependability, fast response, charge, and honesty are some of the most significant elements of top health insurance companies that must be considered.
The involvement of previous users should also be well thought-out when making an ultimate choice. An HMO is a private or public incorporated entity registered by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) basically for the purpose of monitoring the provision of health care services through health care facilities authorized by the scheme.
Top 20 Health Insurance Companies in Nigeria
These are the list of the numerous health insurance companies that we have
- Health Insurance Companies Hygeia HMO Limited: Hygeia prides itself on customer service. Hygeia seeks to offer a “sensational” customer service experiences every single time.
- Health Insurance Companies Total Health Trust Limited: This the first HMO to be registered with Nigeria’s NHIS. It is also the biggest health insurance firm in the Nigerian market with over 270,000 members.
Read Also: Travel Health Insurance Companies in Nigeria
- Health Insurance Companies Clearline International Limited: It has 13 centers and 2000 health care providers Clear line’s Director Dr. Segun Ogundimu served as Lagos’s Commissioner of Health and has the complete know-how of Nigeria’s health care system.
- Health Insurance Companies Based on the fact that they have other branches in many diverse countries, its operators can take benefit of quality health coverage both at home in Nigeria and abroad.
- Health Insurance Companies: Mediplan Healthcare Limited: Mediplan provides top health insurance for Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Works, Federal Ministry of Labor and Productivity as well as the Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development. Mediplan specializes in providing quality healthcare to Nigerian citizens located in rural areas.
- Health Insurance Companies: Multi-Shield Nigeria Limited It was one of the first 8 health care providers to register with NHIS the first time in 2005. In 2014, Multi-Shield completed the NHIS re-accreditation process early again making it one of the first Nigerian health care providers to comply with NHIS’s new accreditation criteria
Other Insurance Companies that worthy of mention are:
- United Healthcare International Limited
- Premium Health Limited
- Integrated Healthcare Limited
- Managed Healthcare Services Limited
- Princeton Health Group
- Maayoit Healthcare Limited
- Defense Health Management Limited
- Healthcare Security Limited
- Zenith Medicare Limited
- Zuma Health Trust
- Accessible Managed care Limited
- MetroHealth HMO Limited
- Strategic Health Planners Company Limited
- Sterling Health Care Managed Services Limited