Application For Acumen Fellows fund Program 2020 for young Social ChangeMakers (APPLY NOW)
The Acumen Fellowship program is building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create lasting social change.
The Acumen Fellowship program is an intensive leadership development fund program cultivating a pipeline of tomorrow’s social changemakers.
Currently operating in Malaysia, Bangladesh, Colombia, East Africa, India, and West Africa, the Fellows Program equips leaders from across the country or region with the knowledge, skills and community to become more effective, collaborative agents of change.
Acumen funds all program-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation and visas.
The Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their region.
Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty and injustice in their community through their work. They are individuals who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
- Typically in one of the following trajectories: entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and organizational builders whether for-profit, nonprofit, or in government. We define that as…
- entrepreneurs: founding or leading a for-profit or nonprofit organization that provides critical goods or services to the underserved
- organizational builders: supporting the growth of an organization, institution, or company focused on alleviating poverty or injustice but not as the founder of CEO
- intrapreneurs: creating innovative solutions to tackle poverty or injustice from within an existing institution by shifting its culture and building new collaborations Individuals who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English, or in Spanish for those in the Program in Colombia.
Applications are open until August 11th for the 2020 cohort of Acumen Fellows. Here is the timeline for the application process:
- Applications open on Monday, July 8th.
- Deadline to apply is Sunday, August 11th.
- Select candidates are invited to Stage 2 (online assignment) and Stage 3 (a selection conference in late November/early December).
- The new cohort will be announced in January 2020.
- Learn more by joining an info session..
Deadline:August 11th 2019