The opportunity to apply for the Clinton Global Initiative University 2020 Program is now open for interested candidates. The Clinton Global Initiative University is looking for higher education student leaders who are interested in taking action to address a pressing challenge in their community.
They are looking for undergraduate and graduate students across the world who are motivated to make a positive change in the areas of education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation, and public health. Students accepted into CGI U will participate in a year-round program that includes access to: high-touch mentor-ship; a social impact curriculum; funding streams; and student engagement events, including an invitation to the annual meeting from April 17-19 at the University of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Deadline: September 30, 2019 (For Travel Assistance)/November 4, 2019 (Other Applicants)
- To be considered for travel assistance to the annual meeting, financial need must be demonstrated and priority will be given to commitments that readily align with the work of the Clinton Foundation.
Qualifications for the Clinton Global Initiative University 2020
- You are eligible to apply to the CGI U Class of 2020 student cohort if you have never previously been accepted to CGI U;
- You are at least 18 years of age; and
- Currently enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of application.
Clinton Global Initiative University 2020 Graduation Requirements
Through the online platform, Commitment Mentors will review and monitor student engagement in the CGI U curriculum and ensure that students are fulfilling requirements for graduation. To complete the CGI U program and become eligible for CGI U’s Commitment-Maker seal, letters of recommendation and other opportunities, students must complete the following over the course of the 2019-2020 program:
- Participation in one, hour-long small group discussion per module (4 in total) (to be scheduled by Commitment Mentors)
- Review of CGI U’s 30-minute webinar recordings and readings, which will be housed on the online platform
- Completion of one 30-minute individual coaching session with their Commitment Mentor per module (4 in total)
- Completion of Commitment to Action progress report post CGI U annual meeting in April
Applications will be reviewed by the CGI U Selection Committee. All applicants, Early Deadline and Final Deadline, will be notified of admissions decisions in mid November 2019. The CGI U Selection Committee aims to convene a diverse cohort of students that demonstrate the motivation to tackle specific challenges, the capacity to develop their leadership skills, and dedication to CGI U’s yearlong program.
Applications for the CGI U Class of 2020 must be submitted by 11:59PM Pacific Time on Monday, November 4, 2019. For travel assistance, applications must be submitted by 11:59PM Pacific Time on Monday, September 30, 2019.