Applications for the 2020 Facebook Fellowship program are now open.
Facebook designed the Facebook Fellowship Program to encourage and support promising doctoral students. These students must currently be indulging in innovative and relevant research. These are research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Furthermore, the program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. It also supports talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Facebook evaluates applications based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
Also, winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid. A stipend of $37,000 each year and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Facebook Fellowship Program Benefits
- Firstly, Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Finally, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit.
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students. Also, they should currently be involved in an on-going research and must be enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
- Apply online through the given link.
- Applications must include:
- First and foremost, 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below).
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted.
- And finally, Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference. must be from an academic advisor
Application Deadline: October 5, 2019
For Further Queries
If you have any questions or inquiries please email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).