Application For Google Inside Look 2019 for Computer Science students Is Out (Fully Funded Germany)
Are you studying computer science or a related degree at a university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa? Are you looking for an internship to prepare you for a career in tech? Ever wanted to visit a Google office and hear from engineers about the cutting edge products and projects they are working on?
Google Inside Look brings computer science students from underrepresented groups who are studying in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa together for an inside view of engineering at Google. Selected students are invited on an all-expenses paid trip to a Google office for an immersive two day experience to explore the offices, meet the teams behind our products and see what it’s really like to be an engineer at Google. Activities include product tech talks, hands-on workshops, tailored panel discussions from a diverse range of Google engineers and — in true Google fashion — plenty of snacks!
All Inside Look applicants will be invited to our next Virtual Inside Look edition, hosted via YouTube Live from Google London. Additionally, everyone who tunes in for Virtual Inside Look will have the chance to be selected for a follow up Virtual Mentorship session with a Googler!
- Applicants must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree at a University in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- Applicants must have an expected graduation after summer of 2020, including applicants graduating in 2019 from one degree program, but planning to continue with further education the following year.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply.
- Persons who are (i) residents of embargoed countries, (ii) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (iii) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of 1st of September 2019.
Running of the Program
The 30 best applications, as assessed in accordance with the Criteria above, shall be selected to attend the Inside Look program.
Inside Look Munich will run on 5th and 6th of September 2019 at Google’s office in Munich, Germany (or other such locations as Google may determine). The program consists of presentations, workshops, group projects and networking/social events in the office and in public locations outside the Google office.
Travel and accommodation
Successful applicants will be required to travel to and from Munich, Germany on 5th and 6th of September 2019 respectively in order to attend the 2-day program.
The following travel, accommodation and food for successful applicants (and for successful applicants’ carers where applicable, reasonably necessary, requested and approved by Google in advance) will be organised by Google (or its appointed subcontractor specialising in event management), and Google will be responsible for the costs thereof:(i) transportation to and from the program, including airport transfers and flight tickets where applicable; (ii) reasonable accommodation in Munich for the duration of the program; and (iii) meals throughout the 2-day program.
Successful applicants agree that the Google (or its appointed subcontractor) will have access to your Personal Information and may contact you regarding travel arrangements for the purposes of organising and administering the program.
How To Register For Google Inside Look 2019 for Computer Science students
- To enter applicants are required to complete the online application form and provide any supplementary information and/or documentation as may be requested by Google from time to time.
The application process will open on 6th of May 2019 9am BST and will close on the 3rd of June 2019 11.59pm BST. Entry deadlines may be extended at Google’s sole discretion.
- Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria (i) demonstration of passion for computer science (ii) academic merit; (iii) demonstration of programming skills (the “Criteria”). Each eligible application (determined in accordance with Section 1 (Eligibility) above) will be reviewed by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google team members. The best 30 applications (as assessed and determined by the panel of Google team members in their sole discretion against the Criteria) will be successful.
- Notification of successful applicants will take place no later than 27th of June 2019 by the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility.
- Successful applicants will be required to accept the invitation to participate in the Inside Look EMEA program within 7 days of notification by Google. If successful applicants fail to accept within 7 days, their participation in the program will be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant, in accordance with the Criteria.
Visit the Google Inside Look 2019 Webpage
Deadline: 3rd June 2019 by 23:59 BST