Apply For IAEA Essay Competition 2020 for Students and Early Career Professionals (€2000 prize & Fully Funded to Vienna, Austria)
Students and professionals below the age of 35 can now submit application to the IAEA’s 2020 International Essay Competition on Nuclear Security for Students and Early Career Professionals in cooperation with the International Nuclear Security Education Network (INSEN). The contest is part of the IAEA’s International Conference on Nuclear Security: Sustaining and Strengthening Efforts, taking place from 10 to 14 February, 2020 at IAEA headquarters in Vienna.
The essays can be submitted in any of the official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish).
- Three finalists will be announced by 31 October 2019. They will each receive a cash prize of €2000 and a certificate signed by IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano.
- The finalists will be invited to attend and present their essays at a side event of the Conference; the IAEA will cover all travel expenses. Winning essays will also be posted on the Conference website.
- Length: Up to 1,000 words
- Format: Word document, submission by email to ICONS2020@iaea.org. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details.
- Limit: One entry per person•Language: Any official language of the IAEA (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish).
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details.PrizesThree finalists will receive cash prizes of €2000 and a certificate signed by the IAEA Director General.
In addition, the finalists will receive flight tickets, accommodation and daily living expenses to attend and present their essays at ICONS 2020 side event in Vienna, Austria (10-14 February 2020). The essays will be posted on the IAEA Conference Website with a link on the IAEA Conference App for the duration of the Conference and included in the conference proceedings.
Timelines and Selection Process
- Submission Deadline: Friday, 6 September, 2019, at 11:59 p.m., Vienna Time (CET)
- The Selection Committee will be include the Director of the Division of Nuclear Security and Technical Officers from the Division of Nuclear Security.
- Submitted abstracts will be evaluated anonymously and without regard to nationality, gender, or occupation of the applicant.
- Announcement of finalists: No later than Thursday, 31 October 2019. For any additional queries, please contact ICONS2020@iaea.org
Visit the IAEA 2020 Essay CompetitionWE
Deadline: Friday, 6 September 2019, at 11:59 p.m., Vienna Time (CET)