The University of British Columbia Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award 2020/2021 is now open for applications. The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who show great academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service. They also recognize undergraduates who have recognized achievements in areas such as performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Who is Eligible for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award?
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit;
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university;
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree;
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard;
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard);
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to Apply
Please fill out one of the forms below to be considered for the award. The Okanagan campus and the Vancouver campus have separate forms:
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
For more information, visit KMILOT Award.