Apply For The Ongoing NELGA Research Fellowships on Land and Gender 2019
NELGA invites its partner institutions’ staff members or students with a background in land governance or gender studies to apply for funding for research fellowships on Land and Gender.
The Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA) is a partnership of leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance.
The fellowship can be granted for field research conducted in any NELGA partner university or research institute. It covers a research period from one month to a maximum of three months. The grant is non-renewable. The fellowship does not provide financial support to research at the applicant’s host institution.
The fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: EUR 280 for in-country, EUR 430 for neighbouring countries, EUR 630 for in-region, EUR 980 for out of region;
- A monthly research/study allowance of EUR 460.
The fellowship does not cover living expenses. It can only be awarded once per year.
- Applicants must have completed at least a first university degree (undergraduate) at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education;
- Return to their studies at the end of the fellowship;
- Be nationals of an African country;
- Be granted leave of absence by their home institution for the purpose of conducting a field study.
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Eligible Research Fields
Research proposals are eligible for funding if they are conducted in the area of land governance or other related fields. The following cross-cutting issues will be given special consideration:
- Women’s legal land rights and law enforcement mechanisms
- Access to land resources and land titles (de jure and de facto)
- Women’s role in land tenure governance and land reform – i.e. their participation in decision-making bodies and community governance
- Property rights within marriage and on inheritance
How To Apply For NELGA Research Fellowships on Land and Gender 2019
Applicants will be required to:
Deadline: June 30, 2019