You can now apply for the National Genealogical Society Rubincam Youth Writing Competition 2020. The Competition first started in 1986 to honor Milton Rubincam, CG, FASG, FNGS, for his many years of service to the National Genealogical Society and to the field of genealogy. These awards encourage and recognize the youth as the next generation of family historians.
The awards may be given annually to a student in either one or two age categories for an appropriately prepared genealogy. Up to two honorable mentions (runners-up) may also be named in each category. The awards are announced and presented at the annual NGS Banquet at the annual NGS Family History Conference. If the winners are not present, award presentations may be made at another agreed-upon time.
Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Senior: High school students in grades 9–12 at the time of submission. The award winner receives a $500 cash prize, a plaque, and a one-year NGS membership (non-print). Presentation details of the winning submission may appear in NGS Magazine.
- Junior: Middle school students in grades 6–8 at the time of submission. The award winner receives a $250 cash prize, a plaque, and a one-year NGS membership (non-print). Presentation details of the winning submission may appear in NGS Magazine.
Rubincam Youth Writing Competition Eligibility
- Young persons worldwide are eligible to apply
- NGS membership is not required
- Students must apply under the appropriate age/grade award
- The submission
- Must be in English
- Must be original unpublished work
- Become property of NGS and will not be returned
- Are not eligible for later resubmission
- Will not be returned if incomplete
Entries can be submitted via email at [email protected] with “Rubincam Youth Writing Competition” in the subject line.
Or by post to:
NGS Rubincam Youth Writing Competition
National Genealogical Society
6400 Arlington Blvd, Suite 810
Falls Church, VA 22042-2318
For more information, visit Here.