The SWITCH-Asia Regional Policy Advocacy Component (RPAC) (implemented by United Nations Environment Program) and Tsinghua University (represented by the School of Environment) are welcoming applications for the forthcoming SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy on Circular Economy taking place from December 2 – 6, 2019 at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
The overall objective of the EU funded SWITCH-Asia program is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth, contribute to the economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia and Central Asia and to a transition towards a low-carbon, resource-efficient and circular economy.
Launched in 2007, the program has achieved more than a decade of progress on SCP in 24 countries in the region. This has been possible through the joint efforts of the three SWITCH-Asia components:
- The Regional Policy Advocacy Component (RPAC) – implemented by United Nations Environment Program.
- The Sustainable Consumption and Production Facility – implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and adelphi.
- The SWITCH-Asia Grants Program – directly managed by the Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development of the European Commission.
Deadline: October 13, 2019
- Economy travel, accommodation and course registration will be covered.
Who is Eligible for the SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy?
- Open to young participants from countries in Asia who are already working in a topic related to circular economy
- Junior government and private sector professionals or development consultants can apply
- Junior professionals from the civil society sector can apply
- Eligible countries: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
How do I apply to the SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy?
To apply for Leadership for Circular Economy programme, participants should:
- Complete online application form
- Prepare an application letter explaining the circular economy topic they are currently working on and how they plan to apply the knowledge of this Academy to this work (1-3 pages)
- Provide a brief CV (one page)
- Provide a copy of degrees obtained
For more information, visit SWITCH-Asia Leadership Academy.