Join the ongoing Urban Innovation Challenge – Citypreneurs Seoul 2019
The Urban Innovation Challenge, also known as “Citypreneurs” is a young SDGs startup competition in Seoul for prospective entrepreneurs from around the world interested in solving urban issues in Seoul and achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Participants will apply for one of the two distinct tracks: the Seed Track and the Growth track. The Seed Track is designed for early-stage startups looking for validation of their ventures. These startups have much more flexibility to focus on urban issues specifically identified by partnering Seoul City agencies. Startups of three or more years and market-tested prototypes will participate and pitch on the Growth Track.
All chosen Citypreneur teams will fall under one of the following three themes:
- Healthy & Inclusive Ageing: Improve health and wellbeing for all, at all ages, and empower older persons to be economically and socially included in their city
- Developing Skills: Upgrade skills and promote lifelong learning for jobs of the future for everyone
- Green Consumption & Production: Change the way we make, buy and dispose to protect our planet
For the top 30 finalists
- (Seed Track) Business model mentoring & pitch clinics
- Permanent membership with Citypreneurs, right to use official Citypreneurs branding
- Networking opportunities with global finalists
- Travel subsidy for teams coming from outside of Seoul
- Tech transfer opportunities
- Joint project opportunities with larger companies
- Low-interest borrowing rights from the Citypreneurs Community Fund (300K USD)
- Invitation to UN Conferences and Events
For the Winners
- Investment opportunities from a pool of interested money (50M+ USD)
- Awards from UN and Seoul City Officials
- Private Demo Day with investors
- Impact evaluation matrix development guidance
- SEED TRACK (3 Teams)
- Go-to-market consulting
- Total award money of 22M KRW
- GROWTH TRACK (3 Teams)
- Pilot and R&D opportunities with cities, including Seoul
- Invitation to international, high-level panels
- Company introduction at Mayoral meetings and/or UN Conferences
Citypreneurs acknowledges that start-ups may be at various stages of development, and thus offers a dual track system:
- Seed Track: Designed for early-stage start-ups still working on their prototype development with flexibility to focus on urban issues specifically identified by partner agencies.
- Founded in 2016 or after
- Under Series A round investment
- MVP (Minimum Viable Product) ready
- Growth Track: Designed for start-ups that have three or more years of experience with market-tested prototypes and are looking to scale up.
- Founded in 2015 or before
- Series A round investment and over
- Product verified in the market
How To Apply For Urban Innovation Challenge – Citypreneurs Seoul 2019
For more information, visit Urban Innovation Challenge.
Deadline: July 31, 2019