Rising Tide Foundation (RTF) 2019 Begins Empowering for Freedom
About the Rising Tide Foundation
Rising Tide Foundation supports cancer research, social/ educational, and libertarian programs with a strong commitment to the empowerment and freedom of the individual. Their goal is to maximize individual potential, build competencies through education, create opportunities, and advance the quality of life of cancer patients so that more people can flourish in life on their terms.
The Organization’s objective is to surface existing and planned initiatives that empower individual freedom in one of its dimensions and hence advance the wellbeing of individuals in the long-term. Application areas could be, for example, personal liberty, freedom of speech, improved property rights, economic independence, less regulated entrepreneurship, innovation in education, private sector solutions to public issues, etc. The Organization is committed to identifying and funding the most innovative, disruptive, and impactful projects worldwide.
Grant Amount: 1000000 USD
- Directly enhance the freedom of individuals along at least one of its dimensions
- Design, pilot or implement bottom-up alternatives to existing government solutions to societal issues organized as decentralized networks, private sector organizations, NGOs, etc.
- ·Funding of training & incubation in some form of entrepreneurship: Projects by incubators, accelerators or training institutions that provide skills, training, and funding access to individuals, communities, non-/for-profit organizations.
- Direct project funding: Grant funding will be provided to non-profit or hybrid organizations for testing, implementation, or scale-up of their focus activities.
- The following types of projects are excluded from funding: projects run by individuals; projects run by organizations with a political or religious mission; infrastructure; humanitarian aid; conferences, and travel.
Preference is given to regions where the political infrastructure is robust enough to allow free market principles to be promoted, and the rule of law can realistically be expanded and grow.
Applicants are requested to submit a short Letter of Intent (LOI) by either one of the deadlines below through this link on Proposal Central: https://proposalcentral.altum.com/ProposalGI.asp?SectionID=7284&ProposalID=-1 LOIs that are longer than the character restrictions will not be considered. Based on the LOI, the applicant may be invited to submit a full proposal.
The decision on funding will be based on the full Proposal and taken by the Foundation’s Board in August 2019 (for the April LOI deadline) and December 2019 (for the August LOI deadline).
Visit the Rising Tide Foundation (RTF) 2019 For more information
DEADLINE: 12 Aug 2019