Apply For UNESCO-MGIEP World Youth Conference on Kindness 2019 – New Delhi, India (Free Travel available)
The 1st World Youth Conference on Kindness 2019 would take place in new Delhi, India from August 20 to 23, 2019. Be one of 100 exceptional young leaders from around the world to be a part of the Conference.
Do you have a transformative story of impact to share? UNESCO MGIEP along with partners is calling all passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive young leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, researchers, facilitators, filmmakers, community organisers, activists, volunteers and campaigners who are working to attain the Sustainable Development Goals!
The World Youth Conference on Kindness envisages to be the premier annual event, which provides an innovative, engaging and inspiring platform to global youth leaders and policy makers to come together and strive to discover ground-breaking pathways for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
In order to impart critical competencies (i.e. empathy, compassion, mindfulness and critical inquiry) in global youth to inspire, empower and enable them to transform themselves and build long-lasting peace in their communities, UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is organising the first World Youth Conference on Kindness in New Delhi, India on the theme ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World: Celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’.
The first World Youth Conference on Kindness – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World is bringing together 100 rigorously selected young leaders, and experts from around the world to expound what inspiration they could draw from Gandhi’s ideas to non-violently transform their societies towards sustainable peace. The first year of the Conference profoundly coincides with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This is significant as the pursuit of peace through the practice of truth, nonviolence, compassion and kindness is Gandhi’s gift to the world.
Scheduled to be opened and graced by H.E the President of India, the Director General of UNESCO, the United Nations Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth among other dignitaries, the Conference will be a combination of the following:
- intensive youth-led capacity building workshops to enhance the capacities of youth on social and emotional learning skills and competencies such as empathy, mindfulness, compassion, kindness and critical inquiry through the prism of identity and global issues;
- a generative space consisting of experts panels and TAGe plenary for youth and experts to share and critically engage with the concept of peace through kindness and nonviolence;
- a platform to celebrate inspiring acts of kindness that are effecting change in the world and action programming for youth agency
In addition to the above, the following are the expected concrete outputs:
- New Delhi Youth Declaration on Kindness for the Sustainable Development Goals
- 20, 000 transformative acts of kindness
- 4 short and 1 main TAGe briefs
- 100 trained youth leaders
- Travel Sponsorship Limited number of applicants will receive travel sponsorship, with special preference given to applications from developing countries.
- UNESCO MGIEP will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participants’ nearest airport and New Delhi, India as well as accommodation and meals. Please note that participants are responsible for their domestic transportation, visa application and traveler’s insurance. If you can cover your roundtrip airfares, please check the box in the application form.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided to all selected participants
Open to young leaders who are involved in the domains of education, Social and Emotional learning, Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Global Citizenship Education (GCED), peace education, non-violence, youth engagement, policy influence, peace and conflict resolution and related fields.
- Age: 18 to 35 years as on August 1, 2016
- Kindness story: a powerful kindness story on SDGs • Area of expertise: working on SDGs, especially SDG 4.7, education, social and emotional learning, ESD, GCED, peace education, non-violence, youth engagement, policy influence, peace and conflict resolution and related fields and be able to show evidence of achievements
- Demonstrate: prior experience of participating in policy engagement, social action projects, innovative education projects and campaigns, and an interest in peace building, nonviolence and SDGs, either in youth, community or workplace settings.
- Active: must be actively/currently involved in the ‘area of profession/expertise listed in bullet pt. 3
- Available: must be available for active and engaging online discussion starting June 10, 2019 and to do an online course on SEL from July 10, 2019
- Influential: Highly influential and able to mobilize grassroots youth and community stakeholders in hundreds for acts of kindness. The selection to be part of the 100, and most importantly, the high level panel speakers will be on the basis of how much an applicant has mobilized fellow youth in his or her community
- Diversity: Geographic, gender, age, and sector diversity will be considered
How To Apply For UNESCO-MGIEP World Youth Conference on Kindness 2019
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep at hand:
- Your contact details and personal information
- A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to YouTube and share the private link with them in the application form
- APPLY for the Conference with this LINK
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed of the selection results via email in first week of July 2019
APPLY TO BE PART OF A GLOBAL COHORT OF KINDNESS FOR SDGs.
Visit UNESCO-MGIEP Webpage for details
Deadline: June 30, 2019