African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 In Climate Change Science For African Scientists
African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 is currently open to all scientists from the African continent. African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) also known as the Next Einstein Initiative is geared towards encouraging environmental friendly and other related researches for a better African economy. The grant will specifically target projects with tangible positive environmental impact. The projects must make use of mathematical concepts to provide solutions to climate change problems in Africa. The project will be supported for a period of 6-12 months at a non-recurring maximum cost of $10,000 for every grantee. All African mathematicians, physicists, chemists, or related scientists that are using mathematical models to work on climate change should apply now.
African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 Objectives
The African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 objective is to provide the needed funds:
· To support the development of African academics with Ph.D. certificates seeking to establish an independent research career in climate change research discipline or mathematical sciences with application in climate change.
· For new and innovative projects in climate change science that makes use of mathematical concepts.
· To promote intra and intercontinental interactions between AIMS centers of excellence and other relevant institutions.
African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 Requirements
· All applicants must be of African descent but can be residing anywhere in the world
· All applicants must hold a doctorate degree in quantitative disciplines like applied mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, engineering etc.
· All applicants not residing in Africa must hold the grant in an institution on the African continent.
· Applicants must be able to provide an evidence of research on climate change with mathematical concepts.
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to translate the climate change science research concept to apply solutions or recommendations.
All applicants must note that their applications will be screened for relevance and then reviewed by an international review and selection committee based on the following criteria:
· Academic qualification of applicant, quality of publications and his/her experience in climate change science research using mathematical concepts
· Quality of proposed projects and relevance to African climate challenges
African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 Application
All eligible and interested candidates should forward their completed personal details form, project proposal form, CV, a letter of motivation, and an electronic copy of three significant publications in climate change science to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MS4CR small grants –first and last name of the applicant” as the subject of the mail. Also, three referees should email confidential letters of support to the same email address with “MS4CR small grant application grant letter-first and last name of the applicant” as the subject of the mail.
All applicants must note the following:
· A grant can be terminated if the oversight committee sees the grantees progress as unsatisfactory
· In exceptional cases, the project timeline may be extended with no additional cost to AIMS
· The exact amount approved for a particular grantee’s project will be specified in the grant agreement letter.
African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Small Research Grants 2018 Application Deadline
All application closes by 23:59 CAT on 30th July 2018