Travel And Accommodation Grant For Journalists In Africa 2018
Applications are open for the travel and accommodation grant for journalists in Africa in order to support pan-African science journalism. This grant scheme is sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the government of South Africa. The yearly Science Forum South Africa (SFSA) gathering is the largest pan-African gathering that is dedicated to scientific research and innovation. This grant is for the journalists that will be covering the event for the period of time it will take. The forum is an open platform to debate the impact of science on the African society.
This forum will have policymakers, entrepreneurs, science and technology communicators, businessmen and women, and the general public in attendance. The discussion will be centered on the direction that research is taking in the sciences, humanities and the social sciences. Speakers in this forum are carefully chosen from science, academia, government, and the industries. This meeting will also have in attendance speakers from Belgium, China, Canada, and Japan. The topic for this year’s discussion is “Igniting Conversation About Science”
Also Read: Heritage Research Grant 2018
Eligibility Criteria For Travel And Accommodation Grant For Journalists
- All African journalists that are based in Africa are eligible to apply for this grant. Irrespective of their age, gender, nationality, place of residence and media (paper, radio, TV, and Web), they are all welcome to apply for this funding opportunity.
- There is going to be a media accreditation, as well as the determination of the proof of intention and commitment to cover the conference.
Benefits Of This Travel And Accommodation Grant For Journalists
There are many good things that come with this travel and accommodation grant for journalists in Africa. Aside from the interviewing opportunities and a reserved media networking area, those successful journalists will also be provided with the following:
- They are going to be registered free for this conference.
- There will also be free accommodation from 12th-14th of December
- There will also be free onsite catering for all successful applicants for this funding.
- The successful journalists will also be granted free access to all the programmes and other events that will also be taking place during this conference.
- There will also be free transportation to and from the conference.
- The last but not the least is the sum of $750 to cover all travel costs.
Also Related: Art Moves Africa Mobility Grant 2018
To apply for this travel and accommodation grant for journalists in Africa, you will have to visit the given website for the application. You can also see the official website of the department of science and technology of South Africa for more information.
The application for this travel and accommodation grant for journalists in Africa closes on the 30th of October 2018.