No matter what kind of project you are trying to start, if it is just a simple school essay or if you want to create a super cool, fancy website for your new enterprise that sells high-end foie gras for dogs, you need a font that makes an impact for the titles and headlines. However, common sense dictates that this two very different projects have two very different feelings and therefore, you probably shouldn’t use the same font for both: one is more formal and straightforward, the other is more fancy and whimsical so the fonts should fit that image.
Before we start talking about fonts, we need to talk about the different typefaces that group similar fonts inside of them: sans serif is a very straightforward and formal typeface, serif is more classic, elegant and timeless, script is calligraphy-like and really impressive for titles, and slab is very aggressive and eye-catching, it works great for logos. Now, before you run to find free calligraphy fonts, we are going to give you a small list of ten cool elegant fonts for titles:
- Great vibes: Great vibes is a script typeface with a very calligraphy-like style. It is round, it is ornate, it is elegant, and it is perfect for those headlines that need to be whimsical and catch the eye of the reader.
- Freebooter script: Yet another script typeface, as the name makes clear, this font is really ornate, round and cute, perhaps too much to be taken seriously. Perfect for projects that have to do about weddings, children, or fantasy settings. It is very Disney-like.
- Simplifica: This sans serif typeface is really simple and straightforward but really readable as it comes in a big size. Perfect for the headline of a school essay or a serious topic like a blog post on scientific research.
- DyeLine: Also a sans serif typeface, this very geometrical, very clean font is inspired by the clean, elegant lines of architectural drawings and blueprints.The letters are really tall and condensed which gives it a neat, orderly look. Perfect for architecture-related projects.
- Building: A very bold slab typeface, this font is really aggressive and eyecatching, but still elegant, neat, and formal. Suitable for projects that need to have an alarming, worrisome headline that makes the audience interested in learning more.
- Glamor: A very elegant, stylish and fashionable serif typeface, this font is really eyecatching, classy, and elegant, almost like a diva. Great for those projects about fashion, Hollywood, celebrities, etc.
- Brightshine: A really beautiful, elegant script typeface that’s full of ornament and floritures. Very similar to human elegant calligraphy, it makes a great font to use for projects that verse about fantasy, old times (don’t tell me it doesn’t remind you of the Victorian era), and makes a great header for book chapters or before introducing a handwritten letter.
- Source Sans Pro: A very non-nonsense, formal typeface with no adornment at all. Not particularly remarkable for its beauty, but really easy to read and it gives off a really strong air of professionality. Perfect for headlines about research, mathematics, science, coding…
- Edmondsans: This font combines the best sides of a sans serif typeface with the best sides of a script one: no adornments, geometric letters that are readable but still round and cute for a fun touch. For those projects where you need to be professional but not too much.
- Fanwood: This old timey serif font offers an air of elegance, classiness and timelessness while remaining professional, highly symmetrical and readable. Use it if your project is a book review, a school essay, a blog post about arts, history or music or anything other where you could benefit from an elegant yet romantic touch.
So there you have it, a list with 10 fonts that are great for titles. No matter which one you choose, please remember that the font that you use for the best of the project should also fit the headline and the personality of it. And for more free cool calligraphy fonts, you should bookmark fontsly.com because they always offer us the best fonts for absolutely free!