Profile of GT Igwe Chrisent Nnamdi, CEO SumoTrust
Some are born great, others achieve greatness and some others have greatness instilled in them. I can tell you that this man whose biography you are about to read was indeed, born great. Hold on a second, he did not stop there; he has gone on to achieve greatness. We are talking about someone whose name is agog the internet today being the 14th of June, because it is his birthday. He is GT Igwe Chrisent, the Founder, and CEO of SumoTrust (Formerly Sumobank) and Gudtalent Nigeria Limited, the mother company of Entrepreneur Platform.
Background and Overview
Igwe Chrisent Nnamdi is a young Nigerian entrepreneur, born on the 14th of June 1992 at Christ the King Parish, Aba, Abia State to the family of Igwe Dominic in Ikwo Local Government, Ebonyi State.
Gudtalent Chrisent grew up as a Christian and had his primary education at Our Lords Nursery and Primary School, Aba and later returned back to Ikwo to complete his first school leaving certificate at Community Primary School, Agubia Ikwo, Ebonyi state in 1998-2004.
He attended Federal Government college Okposi, Ebonyi state for his SSCE certificate in 2004-2010, from there, he got admission to study Geology and Geophysics in Ebonyi state in 2010-2014.
Background And Success
Being born in a middle-class family, growing up has been fun for GT as most of his business traits are inborn. Right from his childhood, Chrisent will always find one business venture or the other to get into.
While in high school, a dormitory secondary school in Ebonyi state, Gudtalent Chrisent sold different stuff in school (Including provisions and school items needed by other students to make money), he even repaired student sandals and gets paid in school.
He was the NAFDAC club president and Health prefect while in school. Known to be very friendly and a workaholic, his friends named him GUDTALENT while in 200 level in Ebonyi State University before he contested and won the post of Director of Socials NMGS in the university.
Related: Biography of Chris Kwekowe
Chris was an active student and engaged in various extracurricular activities that opened him up to various industries and vast experiences in doing so many things.
His Mother, Igwe Veronica, a businesswoman has always been his greatest source of inspiration and inspired him to build an empire without expecting anything from anyone.
He is a dancer and has been nominated for the MOST ENTERPRISING student in Nigeria by Tush Awards, 2013.
GT is a lover of the good life and gets motivated by people with good and clean success stories like Elon Musk, Richard Brandson, Aliko Dangote, Neil Patel, Larry page, etc.
His last venture before starting his internet business was his poultry and honey business which crashed in 2015 and left him stranded and broke, after then, he met with Christain Chucks of Techvaid and Precious Ngwu of Vilinos Inc who inspired him to start a blog called GTPEDIA.COM. This trend into blogging eventually became his building blocks and foundation into tech and finance.
in 2015, Chris spent 11 months studying and mastering the secrets behind blogging and online businesses with GTPEDIA blog and later in January 2016, He started Techliet blog which became a huge success in 2016 and 2017 making him popular among other Nigerian Bloggers. In a quest to train and raise more allies in the business and blogging sphere, Chrisent started Entrepreneur.ng, now www.entorm.com, a business and enterprise blog poised to raise old and young already and aspiring Nigerian entrepreneurs which till date is rated among the top Business and Enterprise blogs in Nigeria.
He used the model of controversial marketing to get people talking about Entrepreneur Platform when at it’s early stage. below are some of his controversial statements in the blogging and marketing space:
- SEO is for broke bloggers, Ads is for rich bloggers.
- Entrepreneurs are the laziest set of people on earth, etc.
Companies Founded By GT Igwe Chrisent
- Gudtalent Ltd (GT Ltd): – A non-operational holding company with controlling stakes across all the companies it has an interest in which spreads across different sectors. Gudtalent Limited has interest in Banking and financial services, manufacturing, Blockchain technology, education, Agriculture, real estate, marketing and consulting.
- Sumo Tech Global Limited: – The parent company of Sumotrust; The renowned savings and investment platform offering different ranges and financial services in Nigeria.
- Truzact Technologies Limited: – The Parent company of Truzact cryptocurrency wallet and exchange.
- Crowdfacture Limited: – The parent company of Crowdfacture.
GT Igwe Chrisent has started and run various startup companies with which most failed but he never gave up. Among the companies that have started are;
- 9 Lives Entertainment: an event planning and management company that failed after (2011-2013) 2 years of trying to sustain it. 9 Lives Entertainment held most of the then-campus shows, events and publicity then in Ebonyi State University where ECSTASY, MASK PARTY, NIGHT OF GLEE, etc were the most popular shows amongst all.
- GT Labels: A record label company that went along with 9 Lives entertainment but couldn’t make it to the limelight, so, he exited in 2014 to Focus on;
- GT farms and Agro-Allied : (Focused on Agricultural meat production like Poultry, Fishery and Goat farming) Honey packing and foodstuff.
- GT Graphics and printing service
- Founder GUDTALENT AND CO NIG LIMITED, the parent company of Entrepreneur Platform, CrowdFacture, Maxibu Inc and Proposed GT Foods.
- Growth hacking expert and consultant with various Startups advising them on strategies and actionable plans that will help them get more profitable results.
- Founder and CEO, SumoTrust, formerly Sumobank, a trusted savings and investment platform helping Africans develop disciplined personal finance life through Savings, Investing and Learning.
Below is an archived Picture of GT-DC Foods from His Instagram page, Posted in March 2015.
View this post on Instagram
Chrisent is an expert tech and business blogger and has helped raise other good bloggers in the industry.
As a Polymath that he is, he is also one of the best SEO guys and noiseless Marketer I’ve met.
A growth hacker with vast experience in different industries
He got into cryptocurrency trading in 2016 and Later began to learn the expertise skills of the underlying blockchain technology in 2017-2018.
GT Igwe Chrisent Stepped down as the CEO of Entrepreneur Platform to Okorie Samuel Ossi to join Blockchain Tech Hub.
Related: Biography of Seun Ogundele
He is currently one of the front tech guys in the Nigerian Blockchain space, a big investor and enthusiast of Cryptocurrency and Good tech startups like Nickzom, . GT believes cryptocurrency investment for him will be better than landed properties in the next 5-10 years’ time.
As the Founder of Entrepreneur Platform, GT believes the hub will become one of the most valuable brands by 2030, having recorded massive success in its first year of business operation in 2017.
He said “We intend to search, raise and build the next top African entrepreneurs by knowledge, funding and building tools that will back Entrepreneurs through SumoTrust Project which was incorporated in September 2018 and launched in June 2019.
See more details about entrepreneur Platform Here.
With GT Igwe Chrisent, there is always an idea waiting for execution. I can confidently tell you that this guy is hub of ideas, ideas with huge potentials because I have been at the center of his success story right from the dormitory of the Federal Government College, Okposi till date.
Africa needs GT………..
Nigeria needs more people like him………
Entrepreneur Platform is him and GUDTALENT AND CO NIG LIMITED is all his efforts.
GT is a man who has the potential to become the greatest businessman of our time. I must add that nobody is as lazy as this guy and this has been the reason behind his soft success.